The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) supports external funding for research, scholarly and creative pursuits while ensuring the university’s financial, contractual and regulatory exposures are minimized. OSP provides guidance and support to the university’s community in its research efforts.
- OSP provides assistance in proposal budget development and proposal submission.
- Reviews, negotiates, and executes all contracts with the University which involve sponsored projects.
- Collaborates with researchers, departmental administrators and other administrators to resolve problems of institutional cost sharing, contractual terms, and budget matters.
- Coordinates account changes, communication with sponsors and project closeout.
- Reviews and advises the Mason research community on matters of new or revised federal and state laws, rules, and regulations that affect research administration.