NSF other support (current and pending) requirements are contained in their PAPP Guide. Link to NSF’s October 4, 2021 PAPP guide
WHEN: For NSF proposals, Other Support is requested when you submit your proposal. If there are any changes, they must be submitted as a Just-in-time
WHO: Key personnel
- NSF now requires PIs to use an NSF approved format for preparation of Biosketches, and Current and Pending forms – SciENcv.
- OSP has compiled guidance and training resources, including links to OSP recorded trainings, into one document: NSF Requirements for Biosketches and Current and Pendings.
- Also available is the OSP training Powerpoint presentation Roadmap to getting started on SciENcvheld on September 24, 2020.
WHAT MUST BE REPORTED:
- Current and pending support includes all resources made available to an individual in support of and/or related to all of his/her research efforts, regardless of whether or not they have monetary value, except as noted the PAPP guide.
- Current and pending support also includes in-kind contributions (such as office/laboratory space, equipment, supplies, employees, students34. In-kind contributions not intended for use on the project/proposal being proposed that have associated time commitments also must be reported.
- Current and pending support information must be provided for the proposed project, for ongoing projects, and for any proposals currently under consideration from whatever source irrespective of whether such support is provided through the proposing organization or is provided directly to the individual. This includes, for example, Federal, State, local, foreign, public, or private foundations, non-profit organizations, industrial or other commercial organizations, or internal funds allocated toward specific projects.
- A brief statement of the overall objectives of the project/proposal being proposed or in-kind contribution must be provided. The submission also should summarize potential overlap with any active or pending proposal or in-kind contribution and this proposal in terms of scope, budget, or person-months planned or committed to the project by the individual.
- The total award amount for the entire award period covered (including indirect costs) must be provided, as well as the number of person-months (or partial person-months) per year to be devoted to the project by the individual. Person-month information included in current and pending support may differ from the person-months requested on the budget for a given project. The information contained on the budget is separate and distinct from the information entered on current and pending support regarding how much time the individual is or is planning, or has committed to spend on a project. If the individual is not requesting salary, and will not be expending any effort, then the project should not be reported in current and pending support.