WHEN: For DOE proposals, Other Support is requested when you submit your proposal. However, updates are required after proposal submission when:
- After selection and during the life of the award, if there are changes to or additions of PIs or other senior/key personnel, such person(s) must also submit current and pending support disclosures within 30 days of joining the project team, or on a timeline consistent with the program office instructions.
- For all PIs and other senior/key personnel, if there are changes to the previously submitted current and pending support disclosures, the individuals must update their disclosures within 30 days of the change, or on a timeline consistent with the program office instructions.
WHO: Senior/Key personnel
- An individual who contributes in a substantive, meaningful way to the scientific development or execution of a RD&D project proposed to be carried out with a DOE award.
- DOE may further designate covered individuals during award negotiations or the award period of performance.
WHAT MUST BE REPORTED:
- All resources made available, or expected to be made available, to an individual in support of the individual’s RD&D efforts, regardless of (i) whether the source is foreign or domestic; (ii) whether the resource is made available through the entity applying for an award or directly to the individual; or (iii) whether the resource has monetary value;
- In-kind contributions requiring a commitment of time and directly supporting the individual’s RD&D efforts, such as the provision of office or laboratory space, equipment, supplies, employees, or students.
- Other Support includes all resources made available to a researcher in support of and/or related to all of their professional RD&D efforts, including resources provided directly to the individual or through the organization, and regardless of whether or not they have monetary value (e.g., even if the support received is only in-kind, such as office/laboratory space, equipment, supplies, or employees). This includes resource and/or financial support from all foreign and domestic entities, including but not limited to, gifts provided with terms or conditions, financial support for laboratory personnel, and participation of student and visiting researchers supported by other sources of funding.
- For every activity, list the following items:
- The sponsor of the activity or the source of funding
- The award or other identifying number
- The title of the award or activity. If the title of the award or activity is not descriptive, add a brief description of the research being performed that would identify any overlaps or synergies with the proposed research.
- The total cost or value of the award or activity, including direct and indirect costs and cost share. For pending proposals, provide the total amount of requested funding.
- The award period (start date – end date).
- The person-months of effort per year being dedicated to the award or activity If required to identify overlap, duplication of effort, or synergistic efforts, append a description of the other award or activity to the current and pending support.
- Details of any obligations, contractual or otherwise, to any program, entity, or organization sponsored by a foreign government must be provided on request to either the applicant institution or DOE. Supporting documents of any identified source of support must be provided to DOE on request, including certified translations of any document.
- Each current and pending support disclosure must be signed and dated and include the following certification statement: I, [Full Name and Title], certify to the best of my knowledge and belief that the information contained in this Current and Pending Support Disclosure Statement is true, complete, and accurate. I understand that any false, fictitious, or fraudulent information, misrepresentations, half-truths, or omissions of any material fact, may subject me to criminal, civil or administrative penalties for fraud, false statements, false claims or otherwise. (18 U.S.C. §§ 1001 and 287, and 31 U.S.C. 3729-3733 and 3801-3812). I further understand and agree that (1) the statements and representations made herein are material to DOE’s funding decision, and (2) I have a responsibility to update the disclosures during the period of performance of the award should circumstances change which impact the responses provided above.